Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Frozen Banana Ice Cream

One major change that I'm doing with my diet due to my MS is decreasing the amount of dairy I consume.  I'm working towards completely removing the dairy, but I haven't done that quite yet.  I wanted to find an alternative to ice cream (since it's my favorite dessert.  Ever.  That's Wisconsin for you).  Dear ole Pinterest has yet to fail me!  I found that ice cream can be made from a variety of frozen fruits, but the one that is the closest to ice cream is frozen bananas. Here's the recipe:

You'll need:
- blender
- bananas

That's it!  All you have to do is collect those black bananas that you didn't get around to eating and place them in the freezer.  Once you want ice cream, blend them until they are creamy and smooth!

Optional add-ins: oreos, peanut butter, almonds, chocolate, nutella (!) etc. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment