Why is this the best dressing ever? Because the mix of sweet, savory, and insane textures creates a palate experience that is out of this world. Plus it's ridiculously simple, but looks very impressive :)
So this dressing is created in two major steps:
Step 1: Create the "wet" ingredients that will be the source of liquids for the bread to soak up.
Step 2: Fold the "wet" ingredients into the bread cubes and cover for 30 minutes.
THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
Here's what you're going to need:
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- Bread cubes (I make mine from Gluten Free Cornbread and Gluten Free Sourdough)
- If your dressing seems to be really dry, add some more chicken stock.
- If you are worried about your dressing becoming too wet with the two cups of chicken stock, then add in the solids and scoop the liquids of the "wet" ingredients in until desired dampness occurs.
- I like to keep the bread cubes and diced veggies chunky so that you can see what you are eating.