Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Shopping List Surprise!

Moms fighting over carts, kids are screaming, aisles are crowded, food off the shelf, there are no thawed turkeys to be found, and too many cranberries to count.  These horrors are typical sights I have experienced while doing my Thanksgiving shopping the day before, or even worse, when I've forgotten something and have to brave the stores the day of.

This year I've dedicated myself to creating plan.  This plan is going to ensure that I have the least stressful Thanksgiving. Ever.  The first step is writing down all the ingredients of my dishes and completing the shopping.  On Monday.  (Because I don't personally feel like waiting hours in line because I forgot oranges)

Without further a duo, my I present, a Thanksgiving day list. Be our guest, be our guest.


  • Turkey (I like to buy 2 pounds per person, because who doesn't like leftovers?)
  • Cranberry Sauce
    • 1 bag of Cranberries
    • 3 oranges
    • 1 pomegranate
  • `Dressing
    • 1 lb Italian Sausage
    • 4 granny smith apples
    • 1 bag of celery
    • 1 bag of carrots
    • 2 Large Sweet Onions
    • Gluten Free Cornbread
    • Gluten Free Sourdough
    • 2 cartons of chicken stock (I like low sodium and MSG free)
  • Mashed Potatoes
    • Potatoes
    • Original, Unsweetened Almond Milk
    • Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
  • Squash
  • Green beans
  • Mushrooms
  • Brown Rice Flour

If you'd prefer to shop like a normal person (You don't like to walk multiple circles around the store?!) here's the list in geographical order:

Fruits and Veggies:
  • 1 Bag of Cranberries
  • 3 Oranges
  • 1 Pomegranate
  • 4 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1 Bag of Celery
  • 1 Bag of Carrots
  • 2 Large Sweet Onions
  • Potatoes (red or russet, I like red potatoes)
  • Green Beans
  • Mushrooms
  • 1 Acorn Squash
  • 1 Butter Nut Squash
Breads:
  • Gluten Free Cornbread
  • Gluten Free Sourdough bread
Soups:
  • 2 cartons of chicken stock
Baking goods:
  • Brown Rice Flour / AP Gluten Free Flour
  • Earth Balance Sticks
  • Original, Unsweetened Almond Milk
Optional: (These are foods that I already have on hand at any given time)
  • Frozen (Sweet) Corn
  • Frozen Pumpkin Puree
  • Paprika
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Coconut Oil

Okay, there you go.  What are you waiting for? Get to the store!!

No comments:

Post a Comment